Posting contact to the existing running campaign - outbound dialing

I have an outbound dialing campaign running with timezone PST with callable timeset 8 AM to 6 PM.
I am posting contact to it whenever a user registers in my website.
When a user registers after 6 PM, the contact gets posted into the campaign but it never calls the customer which is valid. As this is an actively running campaign, I expect it to call the customer on the next day 8 AM. But the dialed total is getting incremented in the purecloud UI instantly without any call made.

Should I create a different campaign of all the users registers between 6 PM to 8 AM and schedule that campaign on everyday 8 AM? When I have multiple timezones, then I have create as many campaigns in this case.

Can anybody help with this?

A few questions:

1. What is the status of the campaign when the record was added?
  2. What is the status of the inserted record the next morning?
  3. Did you recycle the call list? Did you stop the campaign before recycling?

I'm guessing this is an order of operations issue. The first half of this thread has some relevant discussion: https://developer.mypurecloud.com/forum/t/scheduling-a-recurring-campaign-delete-campaign-progress/3552

Thank you for the reply @tim.smith

1. The Campaign is in the running state because I have enabled Always Running.
  2. Let us say there are totally 5 called in the campaign. When I insert a record after the callable timeset, it shows 6 called.
  3. I neither recycled nor stopped the campaign.

Whenever you insert a record into a call list, it will be processed according to the campaign's configuration and rules whenever that record is retrieved for dialing. Based on your description, you're inserting a record into an active campaign at a time when dialing that record is not allowed. This causes PureCloud to immediately attempt the record, but never place a call because of the timezone restrictions and record the attempt. This is working as intended.

To accomplish what you're looking for, which is to dial it the next day, you have a few options:

1. Turn the campaign off when you don't want it to dial records. Records inserted while the campaign is off won't be dialed until the campaign is restarted.
  2. Recycle the call list each morning. Records that were unable to be dialed previously due to timezone restrictions will be recycled back into the callable list.

It looks like a good idea @tim.smith. I will automate the process of turning the campaign on and off. But I have seen that when I click recycle it dials even the previously dialed numbers. I will check it today and get back to you.

Be sure you have your wrap-up code mappings configured correctly (mark successful records as uncallable).

That makes sense @tim.smith. But when a campaign has multiple time zones, then we can start the campaign everyday based on timezone. For example if I have two time zones EST, PST and the callable timeset for both zones are 8.AM to 8.PM, I can start the campaign everyday by 8 AM EST but again it will start dialing both EST and PST numbers as soon as I start the campaign which will again skip PST numbers which was skipped yesterday.

I think I have to create campaign based on timezone and have multiple campaigns like campaign per timezone.

You could recycle the call list at 8 am in each timezone.

Ya. I was only worried about the calls which is currently in progress if it is a single campaign with multiple time zones.

Thank you @tim.smith. Is there any way to send a voice mail to the customer when he does not pickup a couple of calls. I mean usually we use attempt control to redial the contacts who did not pick up the calls. So when a third redial happens, customer does not pick up the call, we need to send him a voice mail.

Or is there a way where I can automatically intimate him through email.

After you've reached max attempts for a live call, add the contact to a new call list for an agentless campaign.

Is there a way that purecloud can do it? I mean can we configure this in purecloud?

I will check call response settings and see whether I can achieve it.

If you're looking for non-custom answers, try asking on the PureCloud Community Forum. This forum is specific to API usage and integrations.

Sure @tim.smith

I want to get all the contacts which are dialed thrice and no answer on a specific day. I was looking at the conversation API and I did not find any clue. Can you kindly help.

I think you can get that with an analytics aggregate query grouped by ANI. If the filters aren't giving you what you need, you can always use a detail query and aggregate the results yourself using any logic you like.

Can you please provide me few more information on this.

I want to get all the contacts which are dialed twice and not answered or picked up by the user. After getting those contacts, I want to post them to a different campaign. I tried analytics API. It gives me all the contacts for the specified interval. How can I determine which property to be used to identify whether it was dialed twice and user did not pick up the call?

I am using outbound auto dial campaign.

Kindly suggest.

get all the contacts which are dialed twice

You'll need to aggregate this stat on your own from the conversation detail query results.

and not answered or picked up by the user.

This also isn't something that's filterable. This will also need to be determined by logic in your application.

After getting those contacts, I want to post them to a different campaign

The Outbound APIs allow you to add contacts to a contact list.

How can I determine which property to be used to identify whether it was dialed twice and user did not pick up the call?

There are not specific values that aggregate that data point exactly. You must calculate this yourself from the query detail results.