Pre-queue customer abandon - web messaging guest API

Hello,
I am working through building a web messaging application using the guest API.
If a chatter, or a customer...

1. starts a web messaging session and triggers a pre-queue flow
  2. then abandons the session before getting into a queue
  3. the interaction stays active in Genesys, but never shows to an agent.

Is there a way to catch this situation?

Hi :wave:
Is the use-case here to prevent interaction from being routed to Agent?
I can think of couple of ways to solve this for now:

1. Before the conversation goes into Queue, or even while in the Queue (we have In-Queue flows) you could build a simple Bot to triage whether customer is still available and willing to wait, and if not, just disconnect the interaction temporarily. Customer can still resume with new inbound message.
  2. If you enable Journey Tracking, you can access status of the web visit from Architect Flow with the Get Journey Session action: that could give you more insight as to whether the end-user is still online, and take action accordingly.

Hi :wave:
Thank you for the quick response!
Is the use-case here to prevent interaction from being routed to Agent? No, that'd be fine as they'd just terminate the session quickly. It's more to keep the list of pending interactions clean / prevent usage from adding up for interactions that are just hanging out for 72 hours each. (do these "pending" interactions count toward usage?)

Your reply indicates a big piece I wasn't considering...
Customer can still resume with new inbound message.
Genesys Web Messaging is designed for persistence.
Our use-case is anonymity - if the chatter abandons, we want them to successfully abandon and have no signs they started a chat. I handle this by generating new interaction IDs on every chat load, so anonymity is achieved (our chatters won't resume with a new inbound message), but persistent pending interactions is the standard desirable behavior.

So, I guess what I'm really looking for is a workaround for the standard behavior.

Is there a command I can send to Genesys that will terminate an interaction?

I see your point. We don't have such command yet. We are considering this Idea as future improvement: https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/DIG-I-118 which seems to match what you need.

One more comment, based on this other thread In-Queue bot to see if customer available - web messaging guest API: as of now, we are missing a way to detect no-input timeout within bot flows, which is an existing Idea here https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/AI-I-90

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.