Process Automation API in Development Center

Hello,

I want to try the APIs in Development Center:

When I try to run it as my logged in user I got the following error:

The request failed with response code: 403. Message: Unable to perform the requested action. You must have at least one of the following permissions assigned: [processautomation:trigger:edit, processautomation:trigger:view]

I wanted to call:
/api/v2/processautomation/triggers/topics

I want to know which permissions I need for my user because I don't find such permission in the list of available permissions for roles. Or is this not possible to call it in Dev Center directly?

Thanks and best regards,
Christian.

Process Automation Triggers require Genesys Cloud User 2 or Genesys Cloud User 3 licenses. This is currently only communicated in the original release notes as there is no feature documentation yet: September 21, 2022 - Genesys Cloud Resource Center. If you meet the stated requirements and are unable to configure your user with the documented permissions, please open a case with Genesys Cloud Care to investigate.

Hello Tim,
thanks for that answer. Within our demo org we have that license and I could already created my own trigger as described here:
https://developer.genesys.cloud/platform/process-automation/example-trigger
https://developer.genesys.cloud/platform/process-automation/#target

I created a own Workflow Flow in Architect and my trigger is registered for topic "v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.outbound". In the Workflow I have the following input variables:

• conversationId
  • ani
  • dnis

This should be filled by trigger event I would say.

So what I expect is that I made an outbound call with an agent in my org, the trigger is called and this trigger called my workflow. Inside of this workflow I write some participant datas to the same Outbound Conversation.

I have a couple of questions about this:

1. Can I only call Flow type = Workflow in such a trigger?
  2. How I can find out if a event is really created and which event is created and sent to workflow via trigger?
  3. How I find out if the Workflow is ever called with such a trigger event?
  4. When I set participant datas in the Workflow for the trigger call can I find this data values in the interaction details view of my original outbound call?

This is my trigger:
{
"id": "9ddd0a6f-2a75-4c00-acf4-bd46a2c555a9",
"name": "OutboundCallEventTrigger",
"topicName": "v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.outbound",
"target": {
"type": "Workflow",
"id": "dcb34408-f7e3-49a8-a183-fb5575c5444f"
},
"version": 1,
"enabled": true,
"matchCriteria": [
{
"jsonPath": "direction",
"operator": "Equal",
"value": "OUTBOUND"
},
{
"jsonPath": "mediaType",
"operator": "Equal",
"value": "VOICE"
}
],
"description": "Trigger to start outbound call workflow",
"selfUri": "/api/v2/processautomation/triggers/9ddd0a6f-2a75-4c00-acf4-bd46a2c555a9"
}

Thank you and best regards,
Christian.

1. Can I only call Flow type = Workflow in such a trigger?

2. How I can find out if a event is really created and which event is created and sent to workflow via trigger?

3. How I find out if the Workflow is ever called with such a trigger event?

4. When I set participant datas in the Workflow for the trigger call can I find this data values in the interaction details view of my original outbound call?

5. Yes, that is correct

6. The topics available to Triggers are also available to subscribe to in the notification tester tool within the developer center

7. Debugging is something we're looking to address as part of a development effort over the coming months. What I have personally done is to use participant data to denote on a conversation that the workflow has run, which leads to:

8. Yes, participant data is visible on the interaction overview page within the Genesys Cloud UI

Hello,

thanks for that answer. With another topic name my trigger worked today.

But it is not possible to test "Process Automation" in Development Center, isn't it?. I am not able to register for a topics without set an explicit ID for an object but can't user the {id} tag.
There is only Websocket possible to test there, right?

Thanks and best regards,
Christian.

no, process automation does not have a test utility in the developer center at this point. There is a test route within the process automation APIs, where by you can provide a payload to the trigger you are testing, and it will respond with how the trigger evaluated that message and what action it would have taken if it were an actual invocation.

Yes, websockets (specifically the notification tester tool) are a proxy method to subscribe to the same topics that a Trigger will act upon. This will allow you to gather the payloads that would be evaluated by a trigger, and potentially feed that payload through the test endpoint I previously mentioned. You are also correct the wildcard {id} is not applicable within the notification tester tool, which needs to be scoped to a specific entity ID.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.