Process Automation - trigger v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.outbound does not fire

Hi,

We're currently testing different triggers within Process Automation.
We have no problem with most of them, but we can't get the outbound trigger to fire.
We're doing outbound campaign calls but the workflow is never called.
that's v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.outbound
The trigger config is very basic:
{
"id": "81fb95a6-d4ec-4a9b-a93c-9cxxxxxxxxx",
"name": "test",
"topicName": "v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.outbound",
"target": {
"type": "Workflow",
"id": "2c4665c2-8eb6-4691-a1c5-a987xxxxxxxxx"
},
"version": 1,
"enabled": true,
"matchCriteria": [],
"description": "mbr",
"selfUri": "/api/v2/processautomation/triggers/81fb95a6-d4ec-4a9b-a93c-9xxxxxxxxx"
}
The workflow exists and is a duplicate of the one used for testing others triggers, so it does work.

Is there any particularity for the outbound trigger ?
Does it need specific matching criteria to be used ?
Do we need specific variables defined as input variables in the workflow ?

Any tip welcome !
Thanks

Have the same problem but with topicName acd.end instead.

Are anyone else having this problem?

It looks like this page is a great resource for when the topics should fire:

In the case of the v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.outbound event, it is documented as:

The OutboundInitEvent gets emitted whenever an outbound campaign is initated.

And for the v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.acd.end it is for:

The AcdEndEvent gets emitted when an ACD session ends. It may get emitted multiple times if the outcome (i.e. answered, abandoned, flow out) can not be immediately determined.

Thomas-Karlshoj if you are still having issues with this can you walk us through a detailed scenario you are testing out that is not working?

--Jason

Done a fair bit with triggers but not specifically with Outbound. Triggers are extremely finicky.
I have not ever created a trigger without some matchCriteria.

Have you tried setting one up for mediaType eq "VOICE"(Assuming Voice campaign). That, and maybe include direction eq "OUTBOUND"

Simon

I had some time to do some further tests.

My 'outbound' trigger did start to work when I specified a 'match criteria' (based on outboundCampaignId).
It does not work anymore if I change the match criteria to be based on 'queueId', which makes sense as queueId is not in this trigger schema.
However, I then changed again to have no match criteria, and the trigger still fires...
I don't understand why it is still triggering in that case.

However, I then changed again to have no match criteria, and the trigger still fires...
I don't understand why it is still triggering in that case.

Not having a match criteria should mean that it will match on all events on that topic, so this is expected behavior.

If you can reproduce a trigger not firing when you don't have a match criteria please open a ticket with support so we can figure out the problem.

--Jason

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.