Request Body Template

Within the "Request Body Template" of a Data Action that I have working, is the following line

"DateTimeStamp": "${input.DateTimeStamp}",

The DA is called from an Outbound Campaign, where it seems we don't have the powers of manipulation that we might have on an Inbound Flow, but ideally what I want to do with this is add 73 hours to it.

Any suggestions ???

What is the format of the DateTimeStamp?

Hi Jason ... something like this ... 2023-03-22T21:00Z

I was hoping it would be a UNIX timestamp that is just a big number, that we could do a little math with. For that style of timestamp we would need something more like this idea is asking for:

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/OP-I-337

--Jason

Thanks Jason, yeah, will vote for that as its certainly a way forward. Needed something now though so we have had to go a little 'off piste' to pull something together. The underlying purpose for this was that we wanted to add up to three phone numbers from a single record to a Dialler DNC List, with an Expiration Date.

What we have ended up with is this ...

• Campaigns calls a Data Action and passes in three phone numbers
  • Data Action Fires an API that Triggers a Workflow, passing it the three phone numbers
  • Workflow calculates +73 hours to Current Date Time
  • Workflow calls Data Action, pointed at an API that populates DNC List with Phone numbers and Expiration Date

Like I say, its a bit longwinded, but we couldn't see a better way as we have multiple Call Lists, that all need to be aware of the same DNC List

That definitely seems like a reasonable way to implement your requirement given the current constraints.

--Jason

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.