Reset dropdown list back to default

I should be able to figure this out - in Scripts how do I set a dropdown list back to it's default state?

I've setup an Action with Scripter.Set Variable with the dropdown list variable - but I just don't know how to get the list to go back to it's default/original value. I've tried setting the variable to the placeholder value, tried clearing it - but when it fires it just highlights the dropdown in red indicating an error.

Appreciate any tips on this one :slight_smile:

Hi Jeff,

If you are wanting to set the dropdown to a value you are on the right track. You need to use Set Variable action but you need to set that variable, bound to the dropdown, a value that matches of one of your dropdown options. The string needs to be the value set to the value field of the option not the display text. We do not have a way current that is set to default but that is something that might be nice. Either way you should be able to do that but just setting the dropdown variable to the option you want as the default. Hope that helps get you on the right track. Also feel free to add an idea for a set to default option.

Thanks,
Josh Frederick
Manager, Composer Team

Thanks for the reply and confirming it wasn't possible to set it back to default and having to pick an existing option.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.