Restore deleted default roles

Hi,

is there a way to restore default roles with JS SDK?

Best wishes,

Marcel

Hello,

There are 2 endpoints that appear to be related to the restore of default roles:
POST /api/v2/authorization/roles/default
PUT /api/v2/authorization/roles/default

You can find the name of the corresponding javascript method from our Platform API Javascript SDK viewing the API endpoint in the API Explorer (the links above) - under API Request - Invocations - Javascript SDK tab.

Regards,

Hello Jerome,

can I use that endpoints as well when a customer deleted a default role?
Do you know this?

Thank you and best regards,
Christian.

I think that's the purpose (unless the user you are using to send this request as lost necessary permissions).

I haven't managed to work with the PUT endpoint.
But I tried the POST /api/v2/authorization/roles/default with "force" query parameter set to false (so it didn't mess up my Genesys Cloud environment).
It did recreate the missing default roles (the ones I had deleted).

But this will only create the default role (if missing). It will not assign this role (and permissions) to your users (as it was if this was about a role deleted by mistake).

If a customer deletes all roles by accident (not just one, but Communicate, Admin, Master Admin, ...) and cannot access the system anymore, the approach is to contact Genesys Cloud Customer Care and ask them to restore the default roles in the org.

Regards,

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.