Retrieving Notes via API

Hi folks,

I'm looking for help with retrieving Agent Assist summaries programmatically. Currently, the only way to save these summaries is by manually copying and pasting them into the notes panel. As far as I know, there's no direct API access to these summaries.

I've explored a couple of potential solutions:

1. Using the API endpoint: GET /api/v2/analytics/conversations/{conversationId}/details
  2. Using the API endpoint: GET /api/v2/conversations/{conversationId}

However, these endpoints return large responses that are difficult to parse, especially when there are multiple notes for a single conversation ID.

My questions for the community:

1. Is there a more efficient API method to retrieve wrap-up notes?
  2. Has anyone implemented a workaround to automate the process of capturing and storing Agent Assist summaries via API?

For reference:

Link to Community Thread: Genesys Cloud - Main - Genesys

Link to Idea - Summary available via API : Auto Summarization - Summary available | Genesys Cloud Ideas Portal (aha.io)

Any insights, suggestions, or solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

Hello ,

I did it on my side.

Here is the API endpoint that I used : /api/v2/conversations/${input.conversationID}
I also retrive the Agent Name that made the note.

Here here is my response template :slight_smile:

{
  "translationMap": {
    "notesArrayAsStr": "$.participants[*].wrapup.notes",
    "agentsArrayAsStr": "$.participants[?(@.purpose=='agent')].name"
  },
  "translationMapDefaults": {
    "notesArrayAsStr": "[]",
    "agentsArrayAsStr": "[]"
  },
  "successTemplate": "#set ($notesConcatenated = $notesArrayAsStr.replace(\"[\", \"\").replace(\"]\", \"\").strip().replace('\", ', \"|\").replace('\"', \"\")) #set ($agentConcatenated = $agentsArrayAsStr.replace(\"[\", \"\").replace(\"]\", \"\").strip().replace('\", ', \"|\").replace('\"', \"\")){\"notes\": \"${notesConcatenated}\" ,\"agents\": \"${agentsConcatenated}\"}"
}

I hope it will help :slight_smile:
Kind regards,

Nathan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.