SCIM Azure setting primary phone

Hi,

Have been testing Azure SCIM app a bit. Now for a customer need, I need to be able to set the primary phonenumber.
I checked the document and this should be doable easily. But I have not yet succeeded to update primary number to another in my tests.
I have added phoneNumbers[type eq "mobile"].primary in the attribute list as a boolean (not mentioned in the documentation, but in the api description...) and added it as a constant mapping.
When the provision happens, it shows that the fields have been updated correctly. But when I go to check the situation in Genesys Cloud, the mobilenumber field has disappeared. This happens if mobile number already exists or if I sync it from Azure.

I have tried the attribute list and mapping in wrong formats to see that it gives error messages, if the syntax is not correct. Based on these, everything should be working.

Any help, what to try next?

A recent documentation update documents this for Azure:

Azure Active Directory field SCIM field Required Notes
phoneNumbers[type eq “{type}”].primary = true No This field designates the phone number associated with the field as the primary phone number on the user’s contact information.

Use with constant True to set a specific phone type as the primary.|

If your mapping matches the documentation I suggest opening a serv-ops ticket. This will likely need to be investigated to determine why the mobile number would be cleared when setting the primary attribute.

Maybe just one thing. I must say I know nothing on the SCIM part. But wondering if the format of your phone number could cause an issue as well - if it has space, or .... (something that Genesys Cloud wouldn't consider as valid phone number format).

Regards,

What are your mappings set to for both the mobile and primary? Here is what I have in my working example:

I am setting the value of "work2" to be my telephone number (and using the mobile number for the user to set the extension), then in a separate mapping declaring that "work2" is the primary phone voice number for the user. Here's what that looks like in Genesys Cloud:

Thank you for the responses.
The numbers are in e.164 format. For example +358401234567. The same format for work number has worked and other number-field was populated with the same number because of Teams integration. First I tried setting that as the primary, but the update made the other field number disappear. After did not get that working, have been trying to add mobile number with the sync and adding it manually. It always disappears as well, after syncing the primary setting.

I'm not following your order of operations, when/where you're changing things, or what may be happening to cause a number to "disappear" within Genesys Cloud. I also requested you share your attribute mappings within Azure AD so we could see what Azure was attempting to do.

If you could please:

1. share your attribute mappings within Azure AD
  2. explain in sequence the order of operations on a single phone number field, including exactly where changes were made

Sorry, missed this reply. Did not get a notification for it. Here is the screenshot of the mappings:

When I do the manual provision for testing, the account has already the work number populated in Genesys Cloud. It is also set as primary. There is also set work number as other phone, because of the Teams integration, shown in the mappings.
In the mappings I have tried also setting the work number as not the primary.

When I run the manual provision, the everything shows in Azure as successfull and mobilephone number-field as updated.

I have opened a ticket with Genesys about this. We had a session together and provided some logs. They came back with an answer about the primary value type being set as boolean in my setup. I just replied that, I have tried string as well and both behave the same way.

Here's what I have as an attribute mapping that works in my test Azure AD instance:

The only difference I can see from your screen shot is the casing of "True", but you're also not showing the details of what makes up that mapping. I would suggest copying what I provided a screen shot of, including updating the casing of "True" (if that works for you, let me know and I'll confirm if that attribute is case sensitive and ask for a documentation update)

I don't believe that you need a second attribute declaring "false" for primary on a second phone type, as the Genesys Cloud platform only supports a single "Primary" phone type, so setting one to "primary" instantly changes all others to not be primary.

We're having the opposite problem - we told SCIM to leave the phone fields alone (we only sync name, email, title) yet the integration ends up wiping out all of the numbers within Genesys, as if not-mapping the field acts as a wipe. We have a case open with care but were hoping someone on this thread has seen something similar or can replicate? Our AD users do have phone numbers, we're just not mapping the field to pass over.

Hi Richard,

Thank you for the reply. I attached information from my current setup. It looks to be totally similar to yours. It still does not work.
I have a case open for this with support, the ticket is 0002908041.

Hi Richard
Your Attribute Mapping show Not([IsSoftDelete]) to PureCloud Attribute active
because default Genesys Cloud Azure gallery application had it mapped to the active SCIM attribute

But According the documentation Configure Azure Active Directory for Genesys Cloud SCIM (Identity Management)
Not([IsSoftDeleted]) should map to SCIM state

SCIM and Genesys Cloud field mappings

state UserProfile.state true eq ‘active’ false eq ‘inactive’

So the question is which one is the correct way to do it ?

regards
yuezhong

There is a slightly different syntax used for Azure AD, which is why there is a separate attribute mappings page specifically for Azure AD: Configure Azure Active Directory for Genesys Cloud SCIM (Identity Management) - Genesys Cloud Resource Center

Active is the correct mapping for Azure AD.

Hi Kimmop,
Were you able to resolve this issue?
We have the same problem, an automatic provision (triggered by an AAD update) wipes the telephone number value of the primary number. A manual provision reinstates it.
We have phoneNumbers[type eq "microsoftteams"].primary set as a string and was thinking that it should be a boolean but I note you tried both types without it fixing the issue.