SCIM location field sync from OKTA

We have created a dial by name solution that asks a caller to say a staff members name then searches the directory using the Users API. In order to improve the accuracy, we constrain the data action to a location (or a group). That part is all fine, but we haven't managed to get the location assigned to each user via SCIM.
Note we have User name, title, department, phone number, email etc all working great via OKTA SCIM.

On the OKTA side, there is a location field which is populated with string values like "US-California-SanDiego-HQ"

The Genesys SCIM Field mappings doc shows:
meta.location {UserProfile self URL}

From the Genesys SCIM schema, I've found the URN.
Full URN: urn:ietf:params:scim:schemas:extension:genesys:purecloud:2.0:User

From querying my user profile, I've found the SelfURI for one of the locations
SelfURL: /api/v2/locations/ab3e415c-4773-4b57-ac61-db1d93eedf19

How do we configure the location field in OKTA so it will sync location to Genesys alongside the other attributes already syncing?

Unfortunately location is not a supported attribute that can be set through the SCIM APIs. The list of available SCIM attributes can be found here: SCIM and Genesys Cloud field mappings - Genesys Cloud Resource Center

My best recommendation would be to submit an idea for this in the Ideas portal.

Thanks Richard. That very page is one I'd referenced above. Please confirm that location is indeed not supported since it appears to be documented?

The field mapping page shows the following for location (though the documentation is not as complete as for the other rows)

SCIM field Genesys Cloud field
meta.location {UserProfile self URL}

Location also features in the Genesys SCIM schema:
"meta": {
"resourceType": "Schema",
"location": "/api/v2/scim/v2/schemas/urn:ietf:params:scim:schemas:core:2.0:User"
}

How is this meta.location used, if it doesn't map to the Genesys Cloud Directory > Location or Telephony > Sites or geolocation?

Hi All,

Apologies in advance for the repost... I've been directed by Genesys Care that I need a conclusive answer from this post before my support ticket asking a similar question can progress. As per usual, there's a customer involved that also has expectations of the support they're paying for.

Would really appreciate some clarity on location via SCIM (OKTA, Azure, OneLogin or whichever system).
How can we use meta.location? Has anyone used it successfully? Which 'location' in Genesys Cloud does it tie into?

Or if location really isn't supported, then shouldn't it be removed from the SCIM Mappings table and SCIM Schema? i.e. a question for the Product Manager :slight_smile:

the meta.location is metadata describing the location of the user's profile (see https://ldapwiki.com/wiki/SCIM%20meta for more info on the "meta" section of the SCIM user profile; this is also called out on the attribute mappings page as "{UserProfile self URL}"). It is not analogous to the "location" field within the user profile, which is not a standard element in the SCIM user schema. In order for us to add support for the location field, it would have to be as an extension to the either the user or enterprise user schema, and that support would need be deliberate; as a result, my suggestion to file this through the ideas portal as something you would like to see remains unchanged.

Magic. Thanks Richard.

I've raised a new idea: Set user location via SCIM