Script or client application?

Looking to find a way for an agent to be able to take SKU information from customer. This information be sent to my backend service so that I can send back to genesys a checkout link with the SKU items for the customer?

Yes, you should be able to accomplish that using a script + data action or an embedded application in a scipt.

Thats what I was originally working on the issue is what kind of action/api call I can setup that during the flow of the conversation I can was trying to configure it in the message API(below) call but kepts getting 403 errors and read that you cannot do it with messaging do you have any suggestions on how I can set this up or some examples?

/api/v2/webchat/guest/conversations/${inpuconversationId}/members/${input.memberId}/messages

If you're using a data action in a script, the agent would collect the SKU information from a customer, enter it in a text input in the script, then click a button to use the variable from the textbox in the data action to invoke your backend service. The Genesys Cloud API isn't involved in this process.

How is my backend service going to be reading the variable from the script? I thought the API would be the way of sending that information from the script to the backend service

Your backend doesn't read from the script, you use the data action to send the value to your backend's API.

Does genesys offer a way to reach out to my backend service to get a token so that I can authenticate the data action within my service?

Yes, data actions do this. You can read all about them here: About the web services data actions integration - Genesys Cloud Resource Center

very cool thank you Tim have given me a lot to look into and to try to rework appreciate it.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.