Send Agentless Message and Receive Response

I am sending Agentless Messages and would like to receive a response. When I send a response from my SMS device, I receive the following:

"Your response is invalid. thank you, goodbye"

Is there a way to configure Genesys to receive the responses instead of discarding them?

We don't have an agent associated with the conversation. It is generated by an application and could receive a response to update client information. If this cannot be configured, what is the best way to do 2 way communication without an agent involved?

@Greg_Walters1 There is no mechanism that I know of where Genesys would reply to you with "Your response is invalid. thank you, goodbye" That is not coming from Genesys AFAIK. You might want to check with your sms carrier from your sms device.
When a response comes into Genesys, from out-bounding an Agentless sms, or even just an ad-hoc inbound customer message. It's going to check the threading timeline Messaging threading timeline - Genesys Cloud Resource Center there it will decide to thread that response message on the disconnected conversation (the Agentless one) or not depending on how long the conversation was disconnected for, and your timeline setting for the sms channel. Now at this point is where it would invoke the Architect flow you have configured on your Genesys provisioned sms number. About SMS messaging - Genesys Cloud Resource Center
So you can dictate what happens with that message/conversation, in your flow. Send it to a queue, have a bot handle it, etc

Thank you Greg, this is good news. We were able to remove the error message by removing the Flow routing. The message does not appear in the conversation though. Can you tell us how to configure that? We want inbound messages to a number to be tied to the outbound number and the inbound number as a conversation.

Removing the flow means that the inbound message reply will route nowhere. It would still add that customer message reply to the conversation though. The Performance -> Interactions view would show you all those conversations. So maybe it added it to a new conversation because of your threading timeline setting (discussed above), and you missed it?

Is there a way I can query for messages coming from a specific SMS number inbound without a conversationId using the API?

I can see the interaction I am looking for in the UI here

h ttps://apps.usw2.pure.cloud/directory/#/analytics/interactions

filtering by the Remote number only shows me the outbound SMS, the inbound SMS messages are filtered out. If I don't apply a filter I see both inbound and outbound. I also see all the other messages. I just want to see inbound from a specific SMS number.

you can use post-api-v2-analytics-conversations-details-query api there. segmentFIlters[].predicates[].dimension has addressFrom and addressTo you can add to your query, and many other ways to find what you need.

Thank you Greg! That did the trick.