Set system wrap-up via API

I saw Tim stating the API for wrap-up codes here Assign Wrap up code by API, but it looks like you need a participant for it: https://developer.genesys.cloud/routing/conversations/wrapup

How do you set a system wrap-up code please?
Is there a participant ID for "system"?

Wrap is a state that is only valid for a user in an active conversation. It is, as the name implies, the wrap up phase of a conversation.

Therefore you need a user to put into wrap, and that user has to already be in a conversation so it has a participant id to access it by.

I'm after the API behind the set wrapup code action in architect, see Set Wrapup Code action - Genesys Cloud Resource Center, which can set a system wrap-up code (without having a participant).

Just because the participant in an action is implicit doesn't mean there isn't one.
The flow already knows all the participants interacting with it.

I'm still looking for the ID that defines system as the participant ID to set a system wrap up code.

Can anyone advise please?

Thanks!

Your app is not the Genesys Cloud service and therefore cannot act on its behalf. As eos stated above, you will need to authorize your app as a user and that user can update the wrap up code for their participant's segment.

I'm trying to build a Genesys Cloud data action that will live inside Genesys Cloud architect acting on behalf of the Genesys Cloud app to set a system wrap-up code, how are you guys not understanding that all this is happening inside Genesys.

Simple stated, the Set wrap-up code block in architect, which API endpoint is that using?
If not PATCH /api/v2/calls/{conversation ID}/participants/{participant ID} and a private API is used, which one can I raise as an enhancement to be made public?

If a public endpoint is being used, e.g. /api/v2/calls/{conversation ID}/participants/{participant ID}, what is the system ID to use as the {participant ID}?

I don't mean to be combative, but because you never said what you were trying to accomplish or that you were using a data action.

This is incorrect. It does not set set a wrap up code without having a participant. The participant in this situation is the IVR flow.

This seems to be a misunderstanding of the architecture of the IVR. Your external service that a data action calls does not live inside Genesys Cloud Architect. Your service is an external application that is not part of Genesys Cloud in any way. Because it is an external 3rd party actor, if it wishes to make any API requests, it must be authorized using a Genesys Cloud OAuth flow. Authorization is only possible as a human user or client credentials, neither of which are the IVR itself or the Genesys Cloud system, and therefore neither act on behalf of Genesys Cloud. Client credential apps act on their own behalf, which can never have a participant context.

The IVR is not an external application and does not use the Public API. It is a private microservice and therefore uses strictly internal methods of communication within Genesys Cloud. As a standard practice, you are strongly encouraged to submit any feature requests you have at https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/.

Summarizing the points above to answer this directly: your app is not the Genesys Cloud service and is not authorized to act on its behalf. If you want to set a wrap up code on a conversation in the IVR, you must do it using the tools in Architect because the flow is the only entity that is the IVR participant.

That's what I needed, thank you :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.