Sharing Script Components Templates

My teammates and I have developed script components templates we wish to share with one another. Is there a quick way to share using the Admin API? We want to make sure if we ever turn over admins that we can easily pass along.

Hi bholden,

Not sure what you mean by Admin API, could you clarify?

Thank you for your reply.

I was referring to in cloud Cx admin>script> then button that allows you to save those component template for use and calling in other scripts. I was hoping my cloud colleagues and I could share those with one another save us a lot of recreating the wheel time.

As a work around, I just went into and saved off duplicates off the scripts I knew had the components I needed. As an admin The DBA side of me hates replicating or putting functionally duplicate function configuration in the system-it accumulates quickly. Additionally I am of the open source mindset so I like to share and save my fellow admin and others time.

Hi,

I don't think this is possible to share components. You can create custom components, but they will only be available to you. Variables and actions should be recreated in the new script because they are not transferred.

If you want to merge some stuff from one script to another like pages, actions, variables you can manually edit the script file.
Below are the steps:

1. Export yours and new script:

2. Open any json editor (I use https://jsoneditoronline.org/) and upload your script

3. After you upload select "tree" mode instead of "text".

4. At this step your view should look like this:

5.In this example I show you how to copy variables, but steps are exactly the same for everything else. Expand variables list and copy the one that you need and paste it into your script.

5. Save the updated script file and use "Replace" button to upload new version.

1 Like

Thanks So much for your reply Artur, this is very helpful, I am going to put this to work right away.

Well that answers my question, thank you for this solution, I marked it as solution this may work even better than what I had in mind.

1 Like

You're very welcome! Happy to help!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.