SkillGroups with all divisions

I need to create skillgroup with all divisions. for that I specify division_id = "*" (that works for Oauth object)but terraform fails with an error:

API Error: 404 - No division found in org [xxxxxxxxxxxxx] with id [*]

How can i create skillgroup with all divisions?

Hi Ihor,

A couple of things as divisions can be extremely confusing:

1. An object (like a skillgroup) can only be assigned to one division at a time. That is why on the skillgroup terraform resource you have a single division id defined on it.

2. Divisions are not an organization segmentation tool but rather a filtering tool that can be used to limit what objects a user can see and interact with. This means that while a user might have the edit queue permission they can only edit a queue if they are either part of that division or the Genesys Cloud object allows for other divisions to have visibility to it. Very few objects in Genesys Cloud allow "multi-division" visibility. Skills Expression Groups are one of those objects. So a Skill Expression Group can only have a single division assigned to it, but the Skill Expression Group can be made visible to multiple divisions.

3. While there is an API that does support this addition and removal of division visibility to a skill group, this is not part of the Skill Group Resource today. I have opened a ticket and assigned an engineer to add this capability to the Skill Group resource. I talked with him today and he should be starting work on this on Monday morning.

4. Just be aware that the * capability you are referring to in your original post only exists in the actual assignment of divisions to a role. The "Add Division Visibility" API is a POST and only supports the addition/removal of the division. The API does not natively support a wildcard. We might be able to approximate something to this effect, but we need to do a little bit more digging into this to see if can do something similar.

Divisions are pretty complex, so I am going to update our documentation to help spell this out.

Thanks,
John Carnell
Manager, Developer Engagement

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.