So why exactly does webhook not work with SSO only orgs?

Is this by design, defect, or just not something considered when it was originally developed? Is anything being done to change that - given the number of orgs that are moving towards SSO-only. What's the alternative?

Can you link to the docs that state this? I'm not aware of any such limitation; the doc page for webhooks doesn't mention any such limitation. Webhooks don't have authorization, so I'm not sure why there would be any such restriction. Doc page: https://developer.genesys.cloud/platform/webhooks/.

I found the page you're probably referring to: Configure Genesys Cloud to authenticate with SSO only - Genesys Cloud Resource Center

There's no workaround. I've heard that a new solution is in the works, but I don't have any details or timelines to share. You can request new features and share your use case at https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/.

Thanks Tim yes. Do we know actually why the chat webhook doesn't work when SSO only is being enforced? Or why it actually disables the integration when you try?

I've seen a few posts on here eventually arriving at the same conclusion so I"m not alone in this. Hopefully the "new solution" you refer to starts to get some traction. Personally I don't have much faith in the ideas portal these days to raise use cases etc there :frowning:

1 Like

Yes, see the link above:

Note : Do not enable SSO-only authentication if you use webhooks for chat notification integrations. This feature requires password-based authentication to Genesys Cloud and fails with errors when SSO-only is enabled.

Sorry Tim I was more curious as to what it was that disabled the integration when you tried to call it. Is that some security measure to prevent some type of hack/attack?

No, it's the statement above. It's a technical limitation. When you disable normal sign-on and require SSO, the webhook cannot use SSO and therefore cannot work.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.