Terraform genesyscloud_webdeployments_configuration question

I am using the current Terraform and the current genesyscloud provider.

According to the Terraform documentation for the provider:

https://registry.terraform.io/providers/MyPureCloud/genesyscloud/latest/docs/resources/webdeployments_configuration

The genesyscloud_webdeployments_configuration configuration has a messenger schema that contains:

• enabled
  • file_upload
  • home_screen
  • launcher_button
  • styles

But the actual API /api/v2/webdeployments/configurations returns a messenger object that contains all those and an apps sub-object:

• apps
  • enabled
  • fileUpload
  • homeScreen
  • launcherButton
  • styles

My configuration uses stuff in the apps sub-object. Short of editing the provider myself, is there any way to specify those items for importing a configuration into Terraform?

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for reaching out. Sometimes we do get out of sync with the APIs and new features from the APIs are not immediately available in CX as Code. I have opened a ticket in our backlog but with us already being in a sprint and then the holidays approaching we probably would not get to this item until Jan or early Feb.

If you need it sooner, we always welcome PRs (CX as Code is open source). My team can help do code reviews and provide feedback. I will also talk to one of my Dev's who works out side of our sprints and see if has bandwidth to pick this up.

Thanks,
John Carnell
Director, Developer Engagement

Sometime in January would be fine. I am not a Go programmer so my code would be awful - I would be embarrassed to submit a PR... Thank you very much for all the help.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

I have handed the ticket off to my Philippine team so they should be starting the work when they get back from break in early Jan. Do not be afraid to submit a PR. We all started as non-go programmers and we work pretty hard to keep our community open and welcoming.

Thanks,
John Carnell
Director, Developer Engagement

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.