Testing the inbound chat flow using chat widget

Hi,

I have created an inbound chat flow that has a data action block to connect to a backend API in AWS for getting responses to user's queries. Also, I have created a chat widget and set this flow in 'Route to Flow'.

For testing this chat flow, I created a web chat session from Developer Tools. When the chat is started, I am able to see only the first message set in 'Send Response' as soon as it enters the chat flow. But if I send a query after it, there is no response. I am not sure how to fetch the user query entered in the chat and pass it to the data action block.

I also went through some more posts suggesting to use Call Lex Bot in the chat flow, but that option is not showing up in Architect.

Please let me know if there is any way to get this working.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

You can't implement such a use case just with an Architect Inbound Chat flow.
The Architect inbound chat flow is not meant to wait for a customer input or give access to it, after the architect flow processing has started.
You must leverage one of the supported bot integrations.
For WebChat media type, I think Dialog Engine, Dialogflow ES and Lex v1 are supported.

Regards,

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.