Topic for ending Interactions

Hello,
I am currently looking for a topic to get an EventBridge event when an interaction has ended. It should not matter if it was an ACD interaction or not.
Is there something I can use here? Or do I need to use multiple tipics here (e.g. v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.customer.end and v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.user.end).

Greetings Sven

Hello Sven!

Conversation End is a mutable value and is really more of an opinion than it is a hard set value. We set conversation ends in the API endpoint when all information as we know it has reached an end point, but end times can be cleared out if new activity reopens a conversation. For example, with an email conversation when an agent sends a reply and wraps up the conversation, an end time will be set. If the customer makes an additional reply, that email will reroute and the end time will be cleared out. Since end times are dynamic, we don't publish it as an EB value.

Architecturally, the system that delivers EB data is publishing raw data so that it can deliver it at scale in real time. End time is a derived value that requires knowing all details of a conversation to be able to determine an end time. The mechanism in our stack that determines this is further downstream from the engine that generates EB data. This requires a bit of overhead which we generate in as real time as possible, but won't be guaranteed to be delivered in real time.

With the combination of end time mutable and not architecturally making sense to deliver on an EB stream, there is no topic on the analytics event bridge that will deliver this value. It's a feature that we can consider in the future, you're welcome to create an ideas page so that we can track customer interest in delivering this feature. https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas

1 Like