Transfer call to agent that answered previously

Good Morning,
I need to know if in purecloud a call (identified by ANI) could be assigned to the agent that had answered the client's last call if the agent was available, and if not, to be transferred to the specified queue.

Thank you.

Here is some documentation to get you started:

This would be the right place to talk about using your ANI to figure out who the customer is and based on that figure out the preferred agent.

For queue configuration of previous agent routing you would be better served by asking the PureCloud Community site:
https://community.genesys.com/communities/purecloud?CommunityKey=bab95e9c-6bbe-4a13-8ade-8ec0faf733d4

--Jason

Thanks Jason for your answer.
There is one thing I do not understand, you are passing me the link for the Advanced routing overview ( https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/advanced-routing-overview ), however in this article I say that Purecloud can no longer transfer the last agent that answered the call.
Quote:

"PureCloud no longer attempts to route the interaction to the last agent who handled it"

So how can I adjust the advanced routing so that it is the last agent that attended the client, to which the call is transferred again?

Thank you.

For this you are likely to want to use a data action along with Preferred Agent Routing. The Data Action would need to search a CRM record or external contact with a record of the last agent and then either check if IDLE (Data Action again) or use Preferred agent routing to queue at that agent for x time then go to the wider team.

The Last Agent feature being removed was actually used for digital channels and callbacks not standard voice calls.

Thanks Richard!

Thank you very much Richard and Jason.

To sum up, has this functionality never existed for voice calls? Is there no place or point within purecloud where routing can be activated for the last agent?

To achieve this, it would have to be through external data actions or from that particular agent that attended it the last time, to put a value of 100 preference so that the next time the call is transferred. And if so, does this have to be done through a script that is shown to the agent during the call? Because in Architect I don't locate the point where to indicate that an agent X has a priority of 100 for a client Y.

Thank you.

Correct. Automatic last agent routing doesn't work today for voice and never did. The article Jason linked mentions it only works for email, messaging and callbacks unless you do use the new preferred agent routing functionality.

The way Richard described it is the way to achieve what you're looking for. If you want to indicate that for a particular call that came in from a specific client, this agent has a specific priority then you would use the example in this article: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/advanced-routing-overview/

OK.
Thank you very much Lucie for your explanation, it has been very explanatory.

Thank you all! Great day

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.