Transfer to Message Flow

Hello

When in a message conversation (Whatsapp) a customer is talking to an agent, is there any way to make a transfer to an Inbound Message Flow using the API? I have tried with POST /api/v2/conversations/messages/{conversationId}/participants/{participantId}/replace, but it fails.

We have an scenario where after talking to the agent, the customer must be sent to a Message Flow to talk with a Dialogflow bot.

Thanks!

Is there any way to achieve this?

Hello,

As far as I know, at this time, it is not possible to have an agent transfer a message conversation or a chat conversation back to an Architect flow.

I've found this Genesys Cloud idea you can vote for or comment: https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLDIG-I-624

I am not a message expert, but I think that the only way, right now, would be to have the agent end/terminate the message conversation (and possibly update a participant data/attribute just before ending the conversation), and have the customer send a new/next message so it triggers the Inbound Message flow again.
As this will be the same conversation (context/conversationId), the participant data will be available and could be leveraged in the Inbound Message flow to determine what to do next.

Regards,

Oh, ok, thanks...

For the solution that you are suggesting, is there a way to make the agent to send a pre-defined message when he/she pushes a button within a script? In order to make the customer to answer it.

Hello,

I don't think you can do this from a Script, using a Genesys Cloud Data Action.
Genesys Cloud Data Action leverages an OAuth client with Client Credentials Grant.
But in order to send a message in an active conversation, you must be authenticated as a user (user-context - OAuth client with Implicit Grant or Authorization Code Grant).

As I don't have access to a system with message in place, I don't know if Canned Responses are available/exposed (I would assume yes). But that would be the easiest way: having the agent select the Canned Response and send it over the conversation (before ending it).

Otherwise, you could do this with a client side integration (using Interaction Widget Integration) but that would require to code the page and to leverage the Platform API.
Note: in this case, the code can leverage an OAuth client with Implicit Grant (user-context).

Regards,

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.