TransportSDK startNewChat not working as expected

Hi.

Im having some issues with startNewChat() using the TransportSDK ( Android ).

I have a chat that I have interacted with and left for a while, This chat is now in the ReadOnly state so has been closed down by the servers Genesys side.

In this case I am then displaying a button for the user to start a new chat. however when clicking the button and triggering messageClient.startNewChat() the chat doesn't start again at the right place. it seems to start by adding me into a Queue to talk to an agent rather than starting at the start of the bot flow again.

Any ideas on what im doing wrong here? should I be re adding any customParameter I've added for example? do I need to invalidate caches?

Thanks

Kev

Hi @Grunge
You can try invalidating conversation cache as outlined in the link below. It can have an effect on reconnection handling.

trying to invalidate the cache doesn't seem to work.

just calling this when trying to restart the chat doesn't do anything. the chat just sits there with no state changes or messages into the listener.
messagingClient!!.invalidateConversationCache()

trying both
messagingClient!!.invalidateConversationCache()
messagingClient!!.startNewChat()

I get the same result as before where I seem to get added to Queue.

I tried to embed images but im blocked for adding more than one.

Hi @Grunge ,
what you just described sounds like an unexpected behaviour. Normally, when startNewChat api is invoked, our BE is expected to start a completely fresh new session. Meaning that if you have bot flow enabled, you should be able to see it. That is definitely something I would like to investigate.

Are you able to reproduce this issue consistently? Would you be able to provide me with some logs? Especially I am interested in logs a timeframe when you invoke the startNewChat api. You can filter logs by MMSDK tag if you want to keep your application logs hiden.

As for invalidateConverstationCache api. In case of newChat you do not need to explicitly make this call, as it is already part of the flow.

1 Like

Hi Anton,

Yeah this is 100% of the time. I'll get you some logs now. My hunch is this maybe something around the Vault but I could be wrong.

I am also seeing some other odd behaviour when entering the chat for a 2nd time which maybe related. the chat is just sitting on "Configured" and never moving on.

Thanks

Kev

1 Like

Hi Anton. would it be possible to send you this via email? the logs have things like out platformID in them which probably isn't best sharing on a public forum.

Thanks

Kev

Sure, please send them to anton.afanasiev@genesys.com

Hi All.

Anton supplied a fix in the SDK for this issue. startNewChat was deleting the attributes being passed in. 2.6.2 fixes the issue.

Thanks Anton.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.