Trigger when user accept interaction

Hi all,

I'm using this topicname v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.user.start in inbound call for my triggger.
The behavior is ok but the trigger fires when the alert segment is started. Is there a way to start the trigger only when the agent accepts the interaction instead when he is alerted?

thanks

I am pretty sure that I have seen at least one other customer want to trigger once the agent has connected, but I am not aware of a direct way to trigger once the agent has connected. I would suggest seeing if that idea already exists and voting on it or creating an idea for a new "user connected" detail event it if it does not exist:
https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas

Using what we have today, you could add a delay to the trigger for however long it could alert the agent for, and then in your workflow check if the agent is connected to the call before taking the action that you want.
Or you might also be able to loop in your workflow with a couple of seconds of delay to see if the agent connects to the call. Sorry I can't be more helpful on this part, I am not an expert on the conversation endpoints.

--Jason

Thanks Jason for your feedback!
I have found only this idea : Genesys Cloud Ideas Portal but it is related to callback.
Regarding the delay, the minimum delay is 60 seconds this value is too big for my use case.

That other person would definitely include me.

I asked about same thing as there are use cases for separating user alert to user connected.

I wanted to be able to call trigger workflow when a user connected and the "workaround" by adding a delay is not really viable as that has a minimum of 1 minute which has little relationship to interaction recall times of (usually) 12-15 seconds.

Topic should (IMHO) have a filter option to "state" with enum like "ALERTING", "CONNECTED". We could then have the trigger fire the workflow on state we choose (need!)

@Jeremy_MONZO

You could try v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.acd.end topic with mediatype (as EMAIL OR any other media type you want ) and
acdOutcome as ANSWERED.

I am trying to do the opposite, looking for a trigger that detects an agent clicking on disconnect.

1 Like

If it doesn't exist already, please get this scenario posted to the ideas site. Definitely seems like there are quite a few distinct situations that it would be great to have events for.

Thanks @Shashank_Kasarla, the trigger now start only when user accepts the interaction, neverthless if the interaction is transfered to another user (without trough a queue), the trigger is not started again... We definitivly need a update of the topic v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.user.start like suggested by @SimonBrown with a state option.

thanks all for your inputs!