Trying to understand limits on Triggers and Workflows

I have found the limits here but I'm a little confused by them: https://developer.genesys.cloud/organization/organization/limits

I found the bellow limits:

(A)event.orchestration.workflow.invocations.per.hour|The maximum number of workflow invocations executed by Process Automation Triggers (per hour) = 36000

(B)event.orchestration.workflow.invocations.per.minute|The maximum number of workflow invocations executed by Process Automation Triggers (per minute) = 6000

(C)distinct.target.ratio: The maximum percentage of per-minute target invocations that may go to a single target. For example, if 'event.orchestration.workflow.invocations.per.minute' is 6000, then a single workflow could be invoked 4800 times (80% of 6000)

I would like to set up Triggers in the architect that listen out for ACW and Customer Disconnect on each ID entity. Each trigger will call their own Workflow and call a web data action.

Does the above limits mean that ACW triggering its respective workflow is limited to (C)4800 a minute OR (A) 600 per minute for an hour?

Would ACW and Customer Disconnect calling their own workflows share the limit of 600 per minute for an hour. Meaning each workflow can only be called 300 times each?

Also what actually happens when the limit is hit? Would there be any warning?

Any help would be appreciated

Replying to keep this alive

The per hour limit is the maximum number of workflow invocations your org can execute from triggers over the course of an hour. This means the total from all triggers and all topics that you have configured that have resulted in a workflow being invoked.

The per minute limit is higher than what the per hour limit divided into 60 minute segments is, to allow for surges in traffic that your org might have. This is useful if you are not consistently running at 600 requests per minute for the entire hour, and at some point in the hour need to process more than 600 invocations in one minute.

The percentage limit on the unique workflows applies to any invocations that invoke any given workflow. So if your ACW trigger invokes workflow A, and your Customer Disconnect invokes workflow B, both could invoke their configured workflow up to 4800 times a minute, but combined the number of invocations can't be greater than 6000 in one minute.

As another example if you have trigger 1 invoking workflow A, and trigger 2 also invoking workflow A, these two triggers would only be able to invoke the workflow a maximum of 4800 times per minute. That could be 4000 from trigger 1 and 800 from trigger 2, or a more even split of 1400 from trigger 1 and 1400 from trigger 2.

And if any of these limits are reached, the events are dropped, the workflows not invoked, and there is not any alerting/warnings that you would be sent at the moment.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.