Unable to sign into Teams app in Genesys desktop app

We are currently working to implement the Microsoft Teams integration for Genesys Cloud, but have run into an issue when attempting to sign into the embedded Teams client (necessary to show Teams presence within Genesys Cloud). When running Genesys Cloud in a web browser, like Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome, we are able to sign into the embedded Teams client within Genesys Cloud successfully. However, when using the Genesys desktop app, we receive an error:

"This application contains sensitive information and can only be accessed from:
Devices or client applications that meet Amica management compliance policy.
Since you're using Chrome, you need to install this extension. You must be on Windows 10 version 1703 and above. Alternatively, you can use Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer to access this application."

The mentioned Chrome extension has already been installed to Google Chrome itself with no change in behavior for the desktop client. In looking at the internal Conditional Access policy that is blocking this request, it looks like the Genesys Desktop client is sending the Device as "Unknown" and we have a rule to block Unknown devices that we cannot remove.

In order for Teams presence to sync, the users are required to sign into the Teams app, and our org primarily uses the desktop app. Any thoughts on why specifically only the desktop app isn't able to sign into the Teams integration and what might be done to resolve this?

HI there, I believe you're hitting an issue with the desktop client itself and not necessarily the Teams integration. The issue is around the conditional access policies as you mentioned and how the desktop client - written in CEF - supports (in this case doesn't support) this.

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/UCC-I-725

Hi Vaun,

Thanks very much for the information and the idea link! I'm disappointed to know that we won't be able to use the Teams integration for presence with the desktop client, but I very much appreciate the info!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.