Use API and Webhook to send message to group and Activity Stream

Hello
I have agents (who only have the Communicate license) and who belong to a PureCloud group for internal chats. The Cloud CX feature has a feature to send chat information to the agent's Activity Stream when the agent name is mentioned in a chat, eg, "@Bob Smith, What is the ticket status?"

I want to mimic all of those features using Webhooks and the API. I am can send the API message. But I am not able to replicate the "@Bob Smith, What is the ticket status?" feature. How can I send an API message to agent and have that appear in their Activity stream?

thanks,
David

Use a markdown link with the format [@display name](#/person/xxxxxxx) where xxxxxxx is the user portion of their jabberId (as found in GET /api/v2/users in the property chat.jabberId). This, and any other "magic" formatting can be reverse engineered by typing the message you want in chat and then editing it to see the source formatting of the message.

Tim,
Thanks so much for your reply. Your solution is perfect.
David

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.