Use custom Login URL for Salesforce Data Actions

Is there a way to use a custom login URL for SFDC data actions? I would like to restrict login activity to my domain in sfdc, disabling all hits to login.salesforce.com. The current data action presents the login URL as a dropdown, and any custom web services integrations I setup and point to SFDC seem to get hung up on SFDC needing a callback URL.

1 Like

Locking down the login URL will likely cause problems with the out of the box Salesforce Data Action integration. I would recommend investigating oauth password flow with the custom domain as the login endpoint: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=sf.remoteaccess_oauth_username_password_flow.htm&type=5

Richard - I had the same assumption that you did, locking down SFDC login will break the native integration. The bad news: we could not find a way to make a generic web services integration w/ OAuth work with SFDC. The good news: the My Domain lockdown still works with the native integration, there is an exception to the My Domain auth process for SOAP-based auth, which must be what the integration uses behind the scenes. For production environments, utilize your credentials like normal. For test environments specify the sandbox namea after your login on the integration setup - the way you would for the test.salesforce.com site. ie if my sandbox is "biggun" my login would be "bradmurlin.biggun"

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.