Using GC CLI when behind a proxy server

Hi all,
I'm excited about the GC CLI tool but found it doesn't work from within our corporate environment due to it trying to connect directly to the cloud (what's blocked) rather than using our proxy server.

Is there a way to get the tool to work using proxy?

Currently when I try to clear a dialler call list using the command:
gc outbound contactlists clear create 36e4c133-d6cc-44fb-b9ca-11036a3dc249 -p BNPPTest

I get after a while the error:
POST https://login.euw2.pure.cloud/oauth/token giving up after 5 attempt(s): Post "https://login.euw2.pure.cloud/oauth/token": dial tcp 3.9.44.101:443: i/o timeout

When I however do this from outside our network, and disable my proxy server it works.

Kind regards
Ruud Reinold

Hi Ruud,

The Genesys Cloud CLI currently does not support a proxy. It is in our backlog and I am hoping to get an engineer working on it in the next 1-2 months. I can chat with my product manager about it and see if we can move it up in priority, but we also have several other items and defects that were are working through right now.

Thanks,
John Carnell
Director, Developer Engagement

Thanks for the feedback, it is really a shame it is not supporting proxy since we were given the tool by the dialler expert to reset our call lists we can't now so I have to find a different way doing that, delaying roll out by a month :frowning:

Hi Rudd,

I was actually just updating the ticket and doing some research on using an HTTP proxy with golang. According to the GOLANG docs, the golang HTTP connector will try to use a proxy defined in an environment variable called HTTP_PROXY. Since our CLI is all go, you might want to give that a shot and report back. I am basing my info on a StackOverflow article.

I do not currently have a proxy setup locally so as part of the ticket I was going to have my staff set up one, but if you want to give it a shot before then, at least that will knock it off the list.

I am chatting with my product manager in about an hour so is aware of your request.

Thanks,
John Carnell

Fab, I will see if I can give GOLANG a go currently struggling with some other dialler development.

Hi Ruud,

No worries. Please let me know. We will do our best. Currently, our CLI and CX as Code does not support a proxy and they are on our "punch" list of things we want to get done. If it works its an easy victory :). If it doesn't, I will provide feedback to my team and product manager.

Thanks,
John Carnell

I'll add that proxy support for Genesys tools such as Archy and CX As Code are a must. Have the same issues here within our environment.

Trying internally to get an exception (so as can access without proxy use) is difficult (internal security review process) and not guaranteed. Proxy support will alleviate this need for us and many other partners and customers.

Hi guys,

Just a quick update on this. We are working on this issue on multiple fronts:

1. We are in the process of adding proxy support to our GO SDK. That ticket is actively being worked on.

2. Our CLI and CX as Code are built on top of our GO SDK, so once this work is complete we can start on our CLI and CX as Code proxy support. I do not have timelines yet, but I these items have been prioritized.

3. I can not speak for the Archy CLI as this CLI is not owned by the Developer Engagement team. I am going to speak to the team leader of that group today to at least make him aware of the issue. In the meantime, I would encourage everyone to open an idea on our Ideas portal as our product managers use the items posted to help drive priority and the feature roadmap.

Thanks,
John Carnell

Thanks for the update John.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.