Using Genesys WebRTC SDK on mobile

How does Genesys plan on supporting maintaining websockets open on mobile applications to be able to use webRTC on a mobile app? Mobile OS do typically not allow apps to run in background for long to ensure longer battery life. WebRTC implementations on mobile apps outside of Genesys WebRTC SDK rely on mobile notifications to wake the mobile app.
How can this be implemented using Genesys WebRTC SDK? is it possible to have a webRTC proxy if the mobile app cannot maintain ws with Genesys servers?
Is Genesys planning anytime soon for the WebRTC SDK to support implementation on mobile apps ?

Any plans in Genesys roadmap regarding the usage of WebRTC SDK on mobile apps?
thanks

Anyone from Genesys Product Management may be able to comment on this please? thanks

Hi Hichem,

I reached out to the developer team and I am hoping to get some kind of answer from them. I apologize for the delay and hope to get answer soon.

Thanks,
John Carnell
Manager, Developer Engagement

As you mentioned, there are a lot of challenges to making mobile work with webrtc. Unfortunately we do not have this feature on the roadmap currently.

Thanks Jensen, that's very unfortunate when mobile usage is more widespread than ever. Other players smaller than Genesys manage to provide mobile SDK, or may be Genesys may consider acquiring such providers :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.