Web chat not appearing - Urgent

Hi there,

We're having issues with one of our implementations of Genesys web chat. We are launching a new chat on one of our websites, as we have done on many other websites before. For some reason, every now & again webchat isn't appearing on the required webpages. We've tried a few different methods and I can never seem to get rid of the issue entirely. I'd say for every 10 times I open the required page, once or twice it hasn't loaded automatically.

The only difference between this site and our other sites that haven't ever had any issues with webchat loading, is maybe the 'styling' of the page and also the use of chat buttons. Basically we still want chat to load on every single page and be visible but minimized and the chat button unminimizes it when clicked (obviously the guest can still click the minimize icon the chat widget itself).

The issue we're having is when it randomly decides not to load, the chat button isn't working as the command is to minimize rather than open. We don't really want to hide chat completely and only have it that it opens via the chat button, we'd like the option of both.

Not sure if we're making this more complicated than it has to be but could you help us understand why chat doesn't load sometimes? I've loaded the code as an attachment, I've blocked out deployment key/org id. I've tried to give as much as possible without giving the full page code/.css but this has been copied from the page source.

Any help much appreciated. We are going live tomorrow but luckily we can still go live with this issue just won't be the best customer journey as they'd have to refresh the page or just move to another page and the chat may appear (when it decides to).
WCBikeChaterror.json (5.4 KB)

Cheers,
Eilidh

Hi there, any response on this. We made a work-around but the issue is still occuring. Our webchat is very sporadic at loading when go a webpage, might have to refresh the page to get it to load. I've noticed in our Console, this appears:

Uncaught ReferenceError: widgetsJsonpFunction is not defined.

Really need webchat on every page of our website and proving to be tricky!

Hi Eilidh,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I am going to forward this message onto someone in our WebChat group to see if they have any advice. Sorry I we did not get back to you sooner, but we do not provide a formal SLA or guarantee of a response our development forums. If you believe the issue you are running into is a defect, you can open a ticket with our Customer Care team.

Thanks,
John Carnell
Manager, Developer Engagement

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.