Web Messaging - Display Customer Name instead GUEST

hi All,

Just wondering if anyone can help me. I am using webmessaging with Salesforce Plugin. Is there any way /setting we can do , so when interaction come, the widget not display as "guest" instead custom attribute or contact name ?

Thank you for help in advance.
Fransiska

Hi Fransiska, indeed, that's current behavior with Embeddable Client: we're looking into possible evolutions.

Hi @Angelo_Cicchitto

Thanks for advising, so we dont have to worry about this.

Kind Regards
Fransiska

Is this also the same if you're not using the Embedded Web? Can I capture the name with a variable and display or replace the "Guest" name?

Hi Chris,

Yes, you can. You can do that by linking the web messaging interaction to an external contact. You need to:

1. Find out what external contact you should link the interaction to.
  2. Use the /api/v2/externalcontacts/conversations/{conversationId} in your messaging flow to associate the interaction to an external contact. You need the the messaging session ID, the media type and the conversation ID to do this.

If you are using predictive engagement, there is something else to be mindful of. See here: Single Customer View - Contact Merging/Identity Management

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.