Web Messaging Timeout for Agents

All,

I have some Web Messaging Configuration Questions from a client I'm working with, they're valid questions and I know the "offical" answer, but I'd like to understand how other solution providers have handled these scenarios. This is using the native Genesys Web Messenger widget deployment.

1. Are there any time outs configured if an agent is not responding to an active chat, and can the system reallocate that chat to another agent? L&G’s concern is the agent has technical issues and cannot participate any longer, then the system should allocate the chat to another agent.
  2. They would like a Supervisor to be able to take over that chat. The only way a Supervisor can take over a chat is for the Agent to transfer it to them directly. Which the agent might not be able to do if they are having technical issues.
  3. Any time out messages sent to the customer if the customer hasn’t participated in the chat within ‘x’ amount of minutes?

Thanks in advance for reading and sharing.
Cheers,
Lee

Hi - these are being evaluated as upcoming roadmap in this Idea > Genesys Cloud Ideas Portal

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.