Web Messaging website popup

Hi there,
We've recently deployed the snippet of code for our web chat on one of our sites. I believe our web developer has done this via Wordpress and not via Google tag manager. The chat bubble appears fine, however on browsers with popup blockers, the chat window isnt popping open as configured in Genesys. Tested on a browser with no blocker and it works fine.

Is there any recommendations to allowing the chat window to pop without getting caught by popup blockers?

Hi - for clarity: are you referring to Web Chat widget? can you add a screenshot?

Hi Angelo,

Not Web Chat, Web Messaging.

When we access the site, it appears as so;

In Genesys we have "Set your Launcher Button Visibility" to Show. From my understanding, it should also pop the chat window. When I've tested this in other browsers with no popup blockers, the chat window appears without the need to click the button.

Essentially, what we're hoping to achieve is that when the website loads, the chat window always opens to grab the visitors attention.

Thanks,

Hard to comment, would recommend to create a ticket with Genesys Customer Care: not aware of any issue with popup blockers so far.

The chat window won't popup automatically, unless it was left open when the browser was closed the last time.
The status is saved in Local Storage under _:gcmopn

If you want it to always open you can use the Javascript SDK

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.