Web Messenger Database Plugin Commands

Hi Everyone,

I have a use case that am trying to implement but so far no luck, I have a Message flow that integrate with Dialogflow bot, After the bot conversation ends, we disconnect the interaction; I want to be able to send any data back to the website that says that the conversation ended for example so we can redirect the customer to another page on the website.

My approach that is not working!
I have tried using Database Plugin to set a custom attribute at the beginning of the conversation (conv: Start) which is fine, then in the flow after the bot conversation ends (Success or failure path) , I update the customAttribute using Set Participant Data block (conv: End), and I was expecting that I can retrieve this updated Participant Data using Database.Get, but its always retreiving (conv: Start) even though the Particpant data is updated with (conv: End) on the Interaction Details View. Also tried to use Subscribe Command to Updated Database Custom Attributes, but its never triggering when updating the value from Architect.

Any Suggestions please on how I can achieve this please? Thank you :slight_smile:

I found this topic as well which seems related to my use case as well: Web Messenger | Command Invoke : Database.get

Is there any feature coming soon to solve this use case please? Is there a way as well to have the Interaction Id on Genesys widget side/Website?

Hi! For sending disconnect event back to client, you will need this upcoming feature, currently in-progress: https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/DXWMM-I-26
(if you go to ROADMAP tab you can track latest best-estimate on delivery date).

1 Like

To my understanding and correct me if am wrong please :slight_smile: this feature will disable the customer from typing or sending new messages if a disconnect is triggered from Genesys, but there will be no way to control on the website what to do if the interaction is disconnected, like to display a survey or navigate to another page for example

The feature will be configurable within Admin UI > Messenger Configuration, so that API will either:

1. just send a disconnect Event, but still allow End-User to Continue session if needed.
  2. send a disconnect Event, and prevent End-User from sending further messages (End-User can only start new session at that point).

If additional actions are needed upon disconnect, these would have to be triggered via JavaScript customization (by reacting-upon the subscribed Disconnect Event). We may productize further actions in future, making the Disconnect Event reaction more programmable: CSAT Survey is clearly a possible evolution.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.