Web Messenger | Command Invoke : Database.get

Hi - We have a scenario where we need to send flag from Genesys cloud Architect back to portal during an active conversation and my understanding is I need to invoke command as Database.get to read the flag but I am not sure what event I should subscribe to before executing the command.

Can someone suggest what event I should subscribe to during an active conversation?

Hello,

Unfortunately, the exchange of custom attributes (that are stored as participant data/attributes in the conversation) is one-way only. Customer/guest to Genesys Cloud.
Database.get/set/update are only about the custom attributes that will be sent from guest to Genesys Cloud.

Regards,

Is there a way to get those by querying the analytics API? By documentation, seems that we cannot get our hands to the conversationid for the ongoing session, the same way we do with chat widget event bus?

Hi Timo - what kind of "flag" do you need to send to website? What use-case are you trying to solve?

Hi Angelo,

In our case, the use case would be triggering 3rd party widgets once the session is over. Yes, I'm aware that the thread will be valid for up to 72hrs, but some customers would like to trigger survey widgets, for example, right after the agent has completed the conversation.

In the long run, we're looking for steps that will allow us to use web messaging for not only genuine messaging cases, but also as more like traditional web chat sessions ... with start, and end, and one conversation between those.

Another valid use case would be capability to send "commands" to the website. For example, bot "co-browsing" with the customer. "I can transfer you to page xyz if you click on ok button".

Thanks Jerome.

In our case, Once Customer gets his answer from Bot, we are trying to get feedback and disconnect as there is no point of waiting 72 hours if customer is all set and it help with reporting too. Lets say after disconnect, guest says hi, I was hoping to pass 'refresh' flag back to the website and load/refresh participant data and continue with the session.

Any other thought?

Hi - I'm not sure I'm understanding the use-case for the "flag". If you are trying to simply continue the session, that's basically the default scenario with async. I'm probably misunderstanding the scenario, apologies :pray:

Btw, we are working now on this upcoming feature, which might fit nicely here, as it's designed to facilitate migrations from Web Chat customers: https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/DXWMM-I-26
Let me know if you have thoughts around it.
Timo thanks for sharing use-cases: in general for post-interaction experience, I'd like to rely on programmable Architect Flow logic (within the conversation) rather than client-side development.

1 Like

I agree and thank you for Sharing. We are submitting votes. when can we expect this idea available to us?

We have now started the design/planning, no firm timeline yet: I'm expecting by 2nd half of this year.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.