WebChat v2 form for operating and affter office

Hi,

Just to check if possible to have 2 different WebChat v2 forms? 1 form for the operating hours and another form for after hours.

The use case is my customer would like to extend the webchat service to after hour. Currently, Webchat will display the operating hours and if the customer visited the web site after hours, the webchat will disconnect.

For the business expansion, they would like to collect customer information and ask the customer to write/leave a message, then WebChat will route to After Hour Queue, thus, different WebChat Form(different from the operating hours) will be pop up.

May I have someone advice possible to have this?

Regards,

Johnson

Hi Johnson,

Unfortunately, there is no way to present a different form based on the hours in the client-side widget. We do not support any kind of differentiation on the client side for this nor do we support different routes in the widget definition based on hours.

One way you could approach this problem is to have a single form but in the route itself, have the route check the date/time (make sure you use a scheduled group), and see if it is after hours. If it is after hours you could route the user to a bot that could a user a series of questions, collect the information, and then route the user to an after-hours queue where the data could then be presented in a script.

This is just one approach that comes in off the top of my head. I hope that helps.

Thanks,
John Carnell
Manager, Developer Engagement

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.