Webmessenger Deployment for Mobile Application

Hi All,
I would like to deploy the code generated in genesys cloud when we create the webmeesenger into a webview of mobile applications(Android/ios).

Not sure where and how to place this code and invoke from the mobile application for live chat widget.
Here, the question is why do we need to deploy the widget code in a live server(like Apache or tomcat) to call it from a webview hosted in Android/IOS apps?

I need somebody who help on this issue. I have reached out to Genesys care but not much help provided.
Please let me know in case of any inputs or advise .

Thanks
Raj

Hi - our native Web Messenger is not designed to run in Webview mode, as it relies on web browser's Local Storage. For Mobile Apps we have recently release a newer update for our Mobile Messenger, see this Community Post (Beta registration form included) > https://community.genesys.com/discussion/mobile-messaging-improved-messenger-look-and-feel

Hi Angelo, Thank you for your confirmation on WebView part.
So, can you please throw some light on how to invoke the deployment code for any mobile applications of ios/android.
Are we supposed to place this deployment code in a web server and invoke from the mobile application?
Not sure if this will get answered by the link you shared above. I am not able to access the link(https://community.genesys.com/discussion/mobile-messaging-improved-messenger-look-and-feel )

Regards,
Raj

Hi,

For mobile integration you should use the SDK instead of the deployment code.
Please, see this documentation for more details.

The BETA sing-up form is available here

Hi David, Thanks for your reply and information.

yes, we can use the messenger SDK for mobile applications. But that is not available for UAE region, still in beta version. So genesys recommended to use mobile transport SDK where the client has to develop all the UI which is not okay for our customer.
so we are looking for some help who can guide us with deployment code where and how to call for a mobile application. Thankyou.

Regards,
Raj

Both the Web Messenger SDK and the Mobile Messenger SDK are using the Guest APIs, which available in 'in preview' mode in the UAE region. The BETA Mobile Messenger SDK is working with the UAE configuration.

As mentioned before, the Web Messenger SDK wasn't designed to run in webview. If you paste the deployment code in a web page, and you call that page in a webview, you'll experience errors due to the storage management differences.

Thankyou David.

Hi David,

Now, i have deployed the web messenger deployment code in a web server and invoked from the mobile application web view using an URL(Pointing to the deployment code residing in AWS ). I am able to initiate a chat successfully and exchange messages between two parties.

In this scenario i have below questions if you can help me out.

1. While initiating the chat i need to click on the chat icon in mobile application then it will launch the chat widget icon from the web messenger deployment code again i need to click on chat icon to invoke actual chat window to kick start the conversation. So here the customer experience is little wierd as two clicks needed to start a chat. Is there any way i can avoid this or restrict to one click?

2. How to exchange the parameters from the mobile application where the chat is getting initiated to the Genesys cloud?

3.As of now i have disabled the authentication mechanism in messenger configurations. So that the chat option is available for both after mobile application login users and anonymous users from the same mobile application without login. Customer question is how we can differentiate both these chats?
3.1 Again if any logged in user(U1) initiated a chat then after some time from the same application and devise another person(U2) logged in and initiated the chat..now the first person(U1) chat conversation is getting loaded for second user. Why and how to overcome this?
4. The end user is communicating from the mobile application using web messenger chat widget. Now any clicks or actions on web messenger needs to be communicated to the backend mobile application. How to achieve this.

Please let me know in case of any questions/information needed.

Regards,
Raja

Hi Raja,

I suggest to open dedicated post for each question so we can explore your use cases in detail.

1:
You can hide the Launcher Button in the Messenger Configuration and with the Web SDK commands you can make the Messenger widget always open.

2: What are you trying to achieve? Please provide more details. In general there are multiple ways to pass values from the app to the webview, and then you can see the Genesys documentation about how to add parameters to the SDK.

Although , there can be challenges as the webview localstorage handing is very different from a browser.

1. Authenticated messaging is the solution for keeping the conversations private between authenticated users. Once the user is auhenticated only her previous conversations will be available for her, and if she logs out the conversations will be unaccessible for others.

2. Please provide more details for this too. I'd want to understand your use case.

Regards,

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.