Webrtc sdk listener behavior

Hi,

My question relates to the article titled 'WebRTC Softphone SDK' - When is the sessionEnded event supposed to be called? I am observing the following behavior. User calls. Client auto accept via "pendingsession" listener. Then user hangs up the phone. Am I mistaken in believing that pure cloud itself will trigger the sessionEnded event? I don't currently see it being triggered. The documentation is not very clear. (I do see the session started event being triggered however.)

Another question - are there any documented cases where pendingSession will not be triggered even if there are incoming calls to the operator? I am seeing inconsistent behavior on my end.

Please advise. Thank you.

Hi, it sounds like you might be using persistent connections. When using persistent connections (configured on the phone in Admin), the webrtc session will not end when the remote side ends the call. Likewise, there will be no pendingSession for the subsequent call because the persistent connection is already established.

With persistent connection, there's not a 1:1 mapping of call:session because you'll have a single webrtc connection which handles the audio traffic for each call.

Thank you very much for getting back to me as this was blocking our development. I will look into that potential issue.

Hi @xdumaine, that was exactly the issue. Thank you for your assistance!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.