WebRTC SDK requires open PureCloud tab

I'm trying to get the PureCloud WebRTC SDK test page up and running, this one:

I have everything authenticating and it's all dandy, but if I try to place an outbound call from the Test Page, I have to have the PureCloud session tab open:
https://apps.mypurecloud.com/directory/

If I don't have that tab open, nothing occurs when I click Start Call to place an outbound call from the Test Page. I have my phone number entered correctly, and I checked my Chrome network console and see the Test Page hits the calls endpoint with a 202, but my phone never rings.

With the PureCloud tab open though, my phone does ring. But the call is being handled by the PureCloud tab and not by the Test Page. If I look at my PureCloud console logs, I see all the call handling APIs going through there. Meanwhile, the Test Page still only shows hitting the calls endpoint with a 202. If I click End Call on the Test Page, the call disconnects as it should, my Test Page network log shows disconnect 200 API, and I see on the Test Page log window:
"Fri Jul 19 2019 00:00:14 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
Call ended"

I also tried calling out using the auto-call-test demo provided as well, and ran into the same issue. So my question is: Is there a configuration I need to enable on my client that allows it to place calls without having a PureCloud tab open? Or is there some API functionality I need to add to the Test Page that allows this, along with handling the audio.

Hmm, that's a tricky one. There should be no additional configuration. Though with an outbound call, neither tab should ring - it should just connect without ringing. Ringing should only happen on inbound calls. Though you would get ringback, just not alerting ringing.

Right, my PureCloud tab doesn't ring when making an outbound, just my phone. As soon as I accept the call on my phone, PureCloud immediately connects and I can start talking. That's all good and dandy, but I need to do this without having the PureCloud tab open.

I also tried opening an incognito tab to do it. When trying to click Authenticate on the SDK Sample page redirects me to PureCloud for me to log in, then redirects me back upon login. Which makes sense so that's fine and I click Authenticate again to complete. But still, if I want to make an outbound call from the SDK sample, I have to open another tab to PureCloud first.

I have Placing calls with another app set to on:
41%20PM

You shouldn't need the PureCloud tab open, nor would you need that toggle turned on. Could you get a console dump from the webrtc demo app page with the PureCloud tab closed?

Yeah I know, I'm just trying everything.

Sure, do you have a way for me to send you the .har file?

For searchers - Make sure you're using the API to set your user to On Queue to ensure ACD calls are routed to the user. Sometimes it's easier to start with a UC/non-acd call both inbound and outbound to ensure you have just the WebRTC SDK part set up, then move on to routing.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.