WebRTC SDK unable to connect calls on IOS Safari browser

Hi,
our company is currently developing a web-app application using Genesys Cloud WebRTC SDK.
Although it works smoothly on the Desktop and Android environment,
I cannot pickup incoming calls on IOS (Either Iphone or Ipad) Safari browser.

When I click green 'answer' button, it does not pick up the call. (keeps ringing, then turn to Not-answering status).
We are using ver. 6.1.7 of Genesys Cloud webRTC SDK. ()

When I test this on chrome Android, the function works.

My question is, when I use the Genesys purecloud on IOS safari, I can do everything with it like pick up incoming calls , transfer, etc.
However ,when I do the same thing with the web app application using Genesys Cloud WebRTC SDK, I cannot do them on IOS Safari. (Android and Desktop works.)
I was wondering if there is any additional feature Genesys team is using above Genesys Cloud WebRTC SDK.

Can you please help me with this? I will really appreciate it.

Thank you

Hi,

If the function works in other environments and not Safari it sounds suspiciously like a bug in the SDK. I would recommend you open a ticket with our Care team and they will work to get it assigned to the engineering team that owns the WebRTC SDK.

Thanks,
John Carnell
Manager, Developer Engagement

Sorry, I meant to respond the other day and got side tracked. The Webrtc Sdk isn't designed or tested with mobile in mind. We have a ticket that's been around for a while to investigate what happens with ios, but haven't had the time to investigate yet. There are a lot of nuances with mobile devices that just aren't addressed with the sdk, mostly around connectivity and idle behavior (lock screens). Our own genesys cloud app for mobile uses OS-native apis for this this reason and is not built upon the genesys cloud webrtc sdk.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.