WFM HRIS integration

Hello,

I'm trying to integrate Workday with Genesys Cloud and I was able to successfully test authenticating and pulling in an agent's time off balance using a workday API via data actions. However, I'm unsure of configuring the actual WFM Time-off HRIS Integration listed in this blueprint: https://developer.genesys.cloud/blueprints/wfm-hris-blueprint/

For my customer, the only thing we need to do with this integration is pull in agent time-off balances when submitting time off requests. Therefore, I believe I only need the time off balances workflow configured. On the integration do I still need to fill out the other 5 workflows? Also, do I need to setup credentials on this integration if I already have it setup in the data action used to get the agent balances?

"Time-off Balances" workflow is used by Genesys Cloud WFM to show the balance to the agent, when agent is entering time-off request.
"Insert Time-off Requests" is the workflow responsible for verifying with Workday that the agent has enough balance. Then it should make a decision, whether to insert the time-off request into Workday. If time-off request cannot be inserted into Workday due to balance, the workflow should return "insufficientBalance" status.
Once time-off request is in Workday, it is expected that Workday adjusts the balance accordingly.

Hi,

Should the credentials in the HRIS integration itself mimic the webservices integration credentials?

Also, do we need the insert time off flow if we're not inserting a new time off request into workday? We just want to show the time off balance the agent currently has in Genesys Cloud.

When Data Actions are employed by HRIS integration workflow, then credentials from "Web Services Data Actions" integration is used. However, mimicking credentials is safe action.

Insert Time off workflow is mandatory for the integration. It is essential that timeoff information goes into workday for appropriate balance adjustment.

The customer doesn't want to insert timeoff back into Workday. They only want to pull the existing time off balance from Workday into Genesys Cloud when clicking "Show balances" in the time off section on the agent schedule. In that case, shouldn't only the Time off balances workflow be needed?

Hi, do you have any updates?

The Genesys HRIS time-off integration is designed that balances are calculated only on HRIS side. It means that if time-off requests are not pushed back to Workday, then Workday will not know the correct balance and subsequently Genesys UI will also show incorrect balance as it is read directly from Workday.

in the attached image, a user can check their balance without submitting a time off request through their schedule. We have a time off plan associated with the HRIS integration and user but it is not returning time off balances and instead showing the message in the screenshot.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.