What date will V1 of webrtc be deprecated?

We would like to understand when you plan to deprecate v1 as we are currently using this version.

Thanks

@Darren_West That's a good question. We haven't really talked about it, but we obviously don't plan on supporting it forever. sdk v2 has some connection enhancements in it but ultimately we've already stopped adding functionality to v1 and v2. As of right now, breaking changes will patched in v1 and v2, but we are really encouraging people to move to v3. We are happy to answer any questions you might have during that migration.

Thanks for getting back to me. I saw this link and understood it was the beginning of this year?

We're particularly concerned because we tried to upgrade to v2 but we immediately started hearing about dropped calls from our user base.

We are testing v3 now... but we were concerned about v1 suddenly being switched off.

Ahh I was unaware this communication went out. We are actively trying to get away from the websocket service used in v1, but we have a few other services that are still using this deprecated service. I can't give you an exact date on when it will be switched off, but it won't be sooner than at least two months. The breaking changes to get to v3 are pretty minimal so I'd be surprised if it took longer than that to upgrade. If you're concerned about that time frame, you can look at v2 which is backward compatible with v1, but uses the new websocket service.

It won't be sudden. Keep an eye on the announcements category for an announcement about that. Removing features will be announced with at least a 30 day notice; notices are generally given at least 60 days in advance for planned removals.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.