What's new in Triggers

We now have a Triggers category in the forum! I gathered all of the related posts I could find into this category.

We just released a couple of new trigger capabilities:

• Support for the v2.users.{id}.activity topic
  • Support for sending the entire JSON notification to a workflow

Both of these new features are included in this new example:

One of the most confusing parts of using triggers is "When should I expect a notification to be sent"? Here is a page that describes when the various v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.* events should fire:

Finally we made a number of improvements to our documentation in the developer center:

--Jason

1 Like

Tried the Json approach and so much better.
Now if you included the topic in all the schemas, I could use less workflows to handle various topic types. e.g. one workflow for user.start and user.end for all media types and divisions.

Hi Simon,

Including the topic in the schema is a really interesting idea, please post it to https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ so we can see what other people think. For example, should it be in the schema, or an extra workflow input that we set?

For your specific example of user.start vs. user.end, there are several fields that are only set in user.end that you could probably use to figure out if this is a start/end event. I put both schemas into the first online diff tool returned by google, Diffchecker - Compare text online to find the difference between two text files and it shows that end has the following fields that start does not:

disconnectType
interactingDurationMs
heldDurationMs
alertingDurationMs
contactingDurationMs
dialingDurationMs

--Jason

Hi Jason,

I already had, prior to json change. Gets lost in the list of feature requests quite quickly though!

Idea Link for voting

As for schema differences, I am fine with that. The problem pre JSON option was you could NOT share a workflow with schemas using different input vars. They would cause the workflow to instantly fail. That problem goes away with json var :slight_smile:

That is a great list of suggestions!

Our expectation is that the JSON data option will provide way more flexibility, supporting a number of topics that were not useful using the "Top Level Primitives" approach.

Also, if anyone has any existing notifications that they wish they could use in triggers, make sure to open an Idea for it!

--Jason

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.