WhatsApp Messenger call-to-action Genesys cloud

Hi,

We are developing a chatbot using Amazon Lex for WhatsApp channel based on Genesys Cloud and I want to use "call-to-action". Is this feature available? I've seen some documentation for Genesys Engage but not sure if available for Genesys Cloud.

If not available can we activate this feature as Beta for our instance?

Thank you,

Hello,

I haven't used it myself with WhatsApp but yes, Amazon Lex is supported with Genesys Cloud message conversations (whatsapp, web messaging, ...).
See the Amazon Lex integration.
You'll need to purchase/install the Amazon Lex integration.
You can invoke your Amazon Lex bot using the "Call Lex Bot" action in your Architect Inbound Message flow.

Note that at this time, the Amazon Lex V2 integration only supports voice flows.

Regards,

Hi Jerome,

What I mean with "call-to-action" is the ability to add buttons with links and direct phone calls, I've found reference here for Genesys Engage: Documentation:ESDA:ESMgr:HSM:9.0.0 - Genesys Documentation

When I have to use "quick replies" I have to use a custom markup in Amazon Lex to make genesys understand it and show the quick reply on WhatsApp. The Beta feature "Cards" is also available with custom markup but it does not allow link buttons within whatsApp.

The kind of buttons you can add with CTA are described on this facebook page: Plantillas de mensajes interactivas - Plataforma de WhatsApp Business - Documentación - Facebook para desarrolladores

Is it possible to add this "call-to-action" buttons if template is pre-approved by facebook and using standard markup described by whatsApp in Amazon Lex? genesys will show this kind of buttons on WhatsApp?

Thank you

The only supported "rich media responses"are the ones listed on the Genesys Cloud Resource Center site, and tagged as supported on WhatsApp Messenger.

So as you have seen it - Quick replies and in the future, currently in beta, Cards.
A Genesys Cloud user can also a WhatsApp template message.

Other types are not supported at this stage.

Regards,

Thank you Jerome :+1:!

Reading about message templates (Message Templates - WhatsApp Business Platform - Documentation - Facebook for Developers) I see that there are 3 types, text-based, media-based or interactive.

Can I use interactive template and send messages like the image below?

I mean including an image, variables, a link URL button and a phone contact button? All this is available using a WhatsApp template message but I'm not sure if all three types are available on Genesys Cloud.

In addition the link you shared (Use a WhatsApp template message - Genesys Cloud Resource Center) only makes reference to use message templates by an agent on a canned response. Is this also available on an architect flow? Is it possible to send the message template as a response from Amazon Lex and Genesys will render the call-to-action on WhatsApp?

Thank you,

I don't have experience with it but the Resource Center mentions Template Body text - so I think only text-based template message is supported.
And mentions this: "Genesys Cloud supports body-only template messages." on this page.

"Is it possible to send the message template as a response from Amazon Lex and Genesys will render the call-to-action on WhatsApp?"
I think only agent can trigger it as described in Use a WhatsApp template message - Genesys Cloud Resource Center.
It is not listed for bot so I doubt it is supported.

Regards,

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.