BYOB Failing After 4 Turns

Trying to build BYOB Integration with MS PVA Bot and started with the Blueprint.
The customer is building their own PVA Bot which is initially just FAQ Bot and so there is no "Topics". The Bot just keeps asking if there any more questions until the customer answers no, and then the Bot finishes.

Our aim was to pass the Web Message conversation to the Bot and allow the customer to ask all the questions required until they either finish or they ask to speak to an agent. So the only two intents we are expecting is either "Escalate" to send to an agent, or "Complete" and we disconnect.

It seems that after 4 turns with no Intent, Architect just fails and sends the Bot down the failure path saying "NoMatchError".

So I am just wanting to know whether there is a 4 turn limit set in Architect that fails if there has been four requests with no intents? If there is such a limit, can we change that?

Thanks

Hello,

Yes there is a limit. Here is an explanation from an engineer of the Architect team: "To prevent bots in an infinite loop/processing resources, any chatbot (lex, byob, dialogflow, etc) will get kicked as an error if no intent gets detected on the response after 3 interactions (or if the same intent state/slot values are returned after 3 interactions) The count gets reset on any change on the response (intent or different slot values - but NOT the response text itself)"

You can read more about that here.

best

Thank you so much. That makes sense as the PVA Bot does not provide any Topics/Intents of Slots until the end of the conversation so I guess it would never work.

I have setup a dummy slot so whenever the PVA sends no intent, we just pass a slot value equal to the text. Seems to work so far.

Thanks again

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.