Discrepancy in results from conversation details when ran for same interval

Hello,

I'm trying to understand why the response from a conversation details POST is different when ran in the Analytics query builder vs. Postman. I'm providing the same body but the query builder provides 2698 and Postman gets 2492.

The responses are consistently the same so I don't believe the data is actively changing on me.

Here's the body:

{
 "interval": "2023-08-07T12:00:00.000Z/2023-08-07T12:15:00.000Z",
 "order": "asc",
 "orderBy": "conversationStart",
 "paging": {
  "pageSize": "100",
  "pageNumber": 1
 }
}

Hi,

That behavior is expected. Here is a blog post explaining it: https://developer.genesys.cloud/blog/2022-04-21-Analytics-conversations-api-behavior/

Best

Hello!

I actually read that article before posting but my takeaway from your article was that the responses could change as data is actively changing. In this case however, the problem is I'm getting the exact same responses each time but the only difference is the tool I'm using (analytics builder vs. postman).

A common cause of this is that you're authorizing differently. Using API Explorer authorizes you as a user. But it's common for users to authorize postman using client credentials instead of using their user (e.g. auth code or implicit grants). If this is what you're doing, there's likely a difference in configuration of some permission or division. If you're unable to narrow down what's different in your configuration that would result in different access to conversation data, please open a case with Genesys Cloud Care to investigate. We do not have access to your org's data to investigate this type of configuration issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.