Fetching external contacts from a specific organization only

hi All,
I am trying to find the right API to fetch several (many thousands) external contacts which all belong to the same external organization.

I have found the following 3 APIs but all 3 has issues:

1. this can return all records but provides not filtering so i would need to fetch all data and not just for users belonging to a specific external organization
    GET /api/v2/externalcontacts/scan/contacts

2. This returns in bulk but you need to provide the IDs as input, this obviously dont work as i dont have the list up front
    POST /api/v2/externalcontacts/bulk/contacts

3. this returns maximum 1000 entries
    GET /api/v2/externalcontacts/contacts

4. This is exactly what I need but it is limited to 1000 entries only. even with Sorting this is not going to work when i have many thousands of users in the particular external organization
    GET /api/v2/externalcontacts/organizations/{externalOrganizationId}/contacts

Is there any other APIs which allows me to fetch users only from a specific ORG without loading 10s of thousands of records (all external contacts)?
I can see the 3rd and 4th APIs have a "q" string input but is there any other information on the format this can be used?
" User supplied search keywords (no special syntax is currently supported)"

i have seen this post as well but the idea link doesnt work in the response and it is 4 years old

thansk,
Zsolt

Hi Zsolt!

Thanks for posting.

The previous idea was likely linking to our "scan" APIs... which you've noted, unfortunately doesn't provide filtering.

I'm now the product manager for Single Customer View / External Contacts. I've shared your post with our development team, who have (unfortunately) confirmed that option 1 is currently your "best" option. I understand that this is cumbersome, especially with a large number of contacts.

Advanced search and filtering capabilities are an area that I'm looking to prioritise. I am merging all related ideas here: Genesys Cloud Ideas Portal In this idea, I have linked your forum post and noted the priority of addressing the pain point in this forum post.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly any time with more feedback at julianne.chaloux@genesys.com.

Julianne

Thanks Julianne. The alternative I am trying is to have more external organizations which allows us to limit the number of contact in each ext ORG. this is painful too because it is extra administration.
I would be great to consider introducing some advanced filtering or increase the limit of 1000 which seems to be quite low compared to the numbers we can talk here (millions).
zsolt

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.