Get/set call volume using the SDK?

Good afternoon and happy Friday! :smiley:

So looking at the Network tab while in Genesys settings, I found api/v2/settings But I couldn't find any reference to it in the API Explorer, Platform API docs or WebRTC SDK docs. At this point I'm not even sure if it's a platform thing or a WebRTC thing. I did see a "webRTCheadset" page, but I don't think that's it (that was only relevant for 3 specific headset manufacturers or something, and I have no idea what we use here). Any ideas?

Supported Platform API endpoints can be found here: https://developer.genesys.cloud/devapps/api-explorer. If you should happen to find any endpoints that aren't on that list, they are not supported and you're not allowed to use them (with the exception of the preview APIs and other documented features outside the Platform API).

The webrtcSdk is not tied into any persistent settings. It's possible to set the volume for calls either using the initial config passed to the sdk constructor, (defaults.audioVolume) or calling sdk.updateAudioVolume(..).

Sorry. Didn't mean to step on any toes.

Thank you very much. This was what I was looking for.

No toes stepped on! You just wandered past the "here be dragons" sign. :slight_smile: Using unsupported resources can get you into trouble. Among other reasons, things that aren't documented publicly don't fall under the public change management policy, so your apps can and will be broken without notice if you're using undocumented resources. It's not a situation either of us want you to find yourself in.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.