Getting dummy (?) sessionEnded events with "Socket closed"

So I'm still trying to debug the strange "not responding" problem we've been having, and I'm actually wrapping up a HUGE refactor in an effort to increase "noisy" logging (everything we get from Genesys and everything a user clicks on, giving us a complete "play-by-play" of how stuff happens when it breaks) and also to do a bit of reorganization (as is usually a good idea when doing a big rewrite like this). Anyway, I noticed a bit of code I wrote at the very beginning, in a sessionEnded event callback, where I said this:

At times, there's some kind of low-level WebSockets error within the SDK ("Socked closed"). For whatever reason, this fires a sessionEnd event. The SDK tries to reconnect when this happens, and it's never been a problem, so for now we can just log it. [how I knew the SDK tried to reconnect is beyond me, probably just assuming it was due to internet "blips" etc.]

Then it logs a warning and ignores the event. Now at one point, we were trying to fix the problem of calls going into Not Responding elsewhere in the code, with a function listening for users' routing status to get thrown into Not Responding (via notifications) and showing a pop-up asking them if they want to go back on queue. Well... that pop-up was showing up mid-call, and if they clicked the button to change back to "IDLE", they got kicked off the call, so we scrapped that pop-up thing completely. Well now doing my rewrite, I'm in the wrap-up section (which is closely related to the bug that started this rewrite, this Not Responding mess) and I notice my wrap-up form comes up at random times. My wrap-up module doesn't have that check for "socket closed", so that makes sense. It might also be part of the reason why people are getting thrown into Not Responding status - if my program is ignoring a legit sessionEnded event........?

So I'm interested in why a "socket closed" message would trigger sessionEnded in the first place, and how programs should respond when they do. My old "log it and ignore" strategy is clearly not the correct reaction, so what is? Thanks. :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.