No Input/No Match Menu Questions

I read through the forum post that's regarding my inquiry, but I have additional questions:

1. When a default menu is triggered, is there a way for me to determine if it was triggered by a no response (no input/timeout) versus an incorrect DTMF input (no match)?
  2. Is there a way I can get the Default Menu Choice to ONLY be triggered on an a (no match) or no input? I don't want the caller to have the ability to press a key to trigger the Default Menu Choice; I don't want it to be a selectable option. Architect is forcing me to assign a DTMF key to the Default Menu Choice by giving me an error, but I want to avoid that.

Actually, I only need question 1 answered, because for question 2 if I assign it to a key that I don't need (* for example) then I can just treat it as being an invalid key pressed like all of the others numbers that are not on the DTMF menu.

Most importantly I need to be able to determine if the caller pressed no key, or pressed a wrong key.

@Michael_Guthrie ,

I did this,

1. I set up a default menu choice and jump it to a reusable task "Invalid/No Input Task"
  2. I added all invalid inputs and make it jump as well on the same reusable task "Invalid/No Input Task"
  3. on the "Invalid/No Input" reusable task I create a condition to check variable Menu.LastCollectionNoInput

True = No input
False = Input was provided (but that input is an incorrect options)

thus I was able to create my response accordingly, you can try it and check if it will work with you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.